A Caption of an Iraqi Woman.

Watched some advertisement on al Sharqiya Iraqi TV the other day. Some publicity for Iraq.

This is not a post to endorse the Sharqiya which is the only palatable Iraqi TV I can watch and only for a limited period of time.

But that advertisement stayed with me for several days now. It is ONE OF THE BEST I have seen so far in my life. And if I say it is one of the best, I usually know what am talking about. I can always tell the best from the rest...the best -- a terrible rarity these days.

The camera zooms in on a bride dressed in white, holding a mirror, making herself beautiful for that special occasion and then sitting on a well cushioned engraved chair, holding a bouquet of flowers in her hands, resting on her lap and the bouquet covers her belly.

She says: How I wish my parents to be present today, this is the most important day of my life.
Why are my parents not here, why is my family absent ?

Then the camera zooms on the chair next to her's where her groom is supposed to be seated. The chair is empty.

The Bride then says : Where is everyone ? Why am I so alone ?

Then she continues...

Why did you kill me ? You who is supposed to protect me, why did you kill me ? You want to protect Iraq from me ? Iraq runs through my veins...

She then removes the bouquet held in her hands and that covered her belly, and there is a huge blotch of blood on her white dress, right on her womb.

She was the one shot and murdered in the new Iraq.

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Beginnings...

Diss Information.

Not so Kind...