Stockholm Syndrome...

I get to meet all sorts of people online...and in some way am grateful. Am grateful because everyday I learn more about human idiocy and human courage...

I've met some really vile people - a great majority, and I've met some good people - a minority.

You meet all sorts...literally...a microcosmic world made huge right before your very eyes...and I keep on learning...

Today I met a Vet, who said to me :

I could almost feel your anger. If I were from Iraq I would have rage. Have bits from Vietnam, was on wrong side. I'm anti-war, but it's because I was in Vietnam. I soon learned we are not the 'good guys'.I went to war  to kill and win medals. Naive. But I met HER on my 1st day. The Girl I met on Christmas Day 1968. I felt God put HER there to show me what war really is...

then he added : Layla your country was always a great civilization...I'm ashamed of what my country is doing to it...

And this was my reply to him :

Thank you...I (oddly enough) always have a special thought for Vets...as paradoxical as it may sound...

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

Endless Beginnings...

Why ?