The Culture of " No Limit " - 1

I have to admit, I am having difficulty starting this post.

I am not sure from which angle to tackle it...for it does have many angles.

A "no limit" culture.

Who would want limits ? No one, really.

The "human mind" is made as such, as it can aim for no limits...don't ask me how this is so...it just is.

But like everything else in life, "no limits" has two flip sides. Simply put - Up or Down. Sideways don't count in this instance.

When there are no limits - one can either chose to go up, in Grace...or down in
Darkness...

I may be a simplistic woman, but frankly, I don't see any other way out.

American culture is the culture of "no limit" or the "sky is the limit"...

In the American mind everything is possible. Nay, everything is achievable...

A whole "new age" industry is geared towards that. Schools, training, methods, gurus, teachers...all talk of "the law of attraction", the "power of thought", the "secret" " the law of abundance" and the rest...

If you are an American reader, you know what am talking about. I don't need to explain more...

Basically -- God, the Universe, Jesus, whatever you wish to call Him/Her/It, is portrayed as one huge gigantic Santa Claus that will rush to fullfill your wishes, your innermost, deepest desires...

Why should it be so ?

But you like to believe, it is so, because it is just out of virtue, a virtue of who you actually are...

Some sort of mega acceptance, some sort of mega atonement, some sort of mega favor (a bit like your mega hamburgers, your mega coca-cola, your mega vitamins and your mega dollars), specially and exclusively bestowed upon you, and/or those who follow your paths...and so you like to believe.

Magical thinking for an infantile people...an infantile people, the Peter Pan of civilization, a nation that refuses to grow up and look within...

Unfortunately the rest of the West is catching up with your lunatic thinking...because it is all magical thinking.

In your minds, you have even appropriated, God, the Universe, the Cosmos, Jesus, whatever you want to call it. And He/She/It has nothing better to do but to rush to the service and execution of your petty demands and claims...and fulfill them for you.

You are such a "special" "exclusive" "chosen" bunch aren't you ? My, am so terribly impressed. I am in awe of your "specialness" in the grand scheme of things.

The Sky is the limit.

And while I have nothing against "Grace", "Abundance" and "limitless Success"...and the rest of the stuff you already know...I also know that what goes UP, also goes DOWN...

In my book of metaphysics, there are no free lunches. I am from the old school, I believe you need to work for and earn things...and am not talking about material things either. And am humble enough to know that I have no monopoly over Grace...

to be continued...

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Beginnings...

Diss Information.

Not so Kind...