Soul -- Walk Away.


You know something, there is something worse than an outright occupation...

That something worse, is when people try to fuck with your brains...They distort reality, truth, to such an extent, that you are left busy trying not to go crazy....Just in case, you have not noticed, but this is what resistance to torture is all about - not to go crazy.

Every time reality hits me, the reality of Iraq hits me, I try to push it away...the ugliness is too much to contend with. The UGLINESS in capital letters.

I am sure those who devised this occupation are not too concerned with aesthetics...

The Ugliness is not just physical...I wish it were just that.

The Ugliness sieves through so many levels, so many levels it is hard to articulate.
But if I ask you to trust me on that one, and tell you that I am not the only who feels it that way - will you believe me ?

The average Iraqi is used on all levels. When I say he/she is being USED, I mean USED. Used like an object. Used like a thing. Used like a no one...

The average Iraqi, the innocent one is being used by all kinds of people.

His land is being used, his earth used, his resources used, his feelings used, his cause used, his distress used, his grief used...

God help me explain to the ignorant ones.

Let me dig and find concrete examples, since you are such an "empirical" people.

NGO's use Iraqis to further their own cause/brand, individuals use Iraqis to further their own cause, charities use Iraqis to further their own ...Everyone is using Iraqis one way or another...

The greed is all pervasive. They covet your resilience, they covet your strength, they covet your passion, they even covet your truth...

They covet your broken poem lines, they covet your art, they covet your soul...

They even covet your pain, since they are numb themselves, numb to life and numb to themselves...

The soul of Iraq, the pure Soul of millenniums...the Soul that was left intact, through words, through pictures, through paintings, through relics...the pure soul...

Seek it, conserve it, preserve it, safeguard it, jealously so...hide it and walk away...for now.

Walk away - for now.

Picture : Ishtar rising

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Beginnings...

Diss Information.

Not so Kind...