Red Earth.

Terre Rouge or...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amooot a3leish ya bint al Iraq.
Anonymous said…
Dearest Layla, thank you. I can identify with every word you've written today - very, very painful. Will send this particular post of yours by email when the time is right - you know what I mean.

As for the video, I am an ardent ballet enthusiast, but I wish Mr. al-Madfai hadn't used it for this song - rather jarring, in my opinion, although it seems a mix of ballet and belly dancing!

Take care.
Anonymous said…
KMWR--I am not going to say anything, here, about the substance of what you write. But, the music you chose is really wonderful. I can't understand a word of what is said, but, it matters not. I undertand the visuals and, the music is absolutely wonderful, marvelous. Just fantastic. I'm sorry I have to juxtapose accolades about how wonderful and marvelous music is next to the subject matter which is it's opposite, NOT wonderful, enjoyable. But, I DO love the sounds of the music.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Layla for this post. It's a personal "thank you", because I had to think about my poor mother and I thought for a moment, I wish she was an Iraqi woman, maybee she would be alive still..But that's absurd, there are more chances she would be not, after all.

My wormest, sisterly greetings, Layla. Sisterly sounds better then just feminist, you know why.
Unknown said…
If only chicks were not trained to be so submissive. The dude's gotta sleep sometime, ya know? If only chicks were encouraged to take care of themselves and become independent everywhere, and not held back by cultural programming.

Then there are those who are pissed as hell, and have nothing left to lose. Those are deadly, but how many become like that in the Middle East?
Layla Anwar said…
anonymous 1

Shukran yabbah..
Layla Anwar said…
Dear "K"


I don't think it is Elham Al-Madfai who made the video, more like a wannabe westerner, trying to combine ballet and earthly oriental dance.

Am glad you were able to identify with parts of the post.
Layla Anwar said…
KMWR,

Am glad you enjoyed the music, at least.
Layla Anwar said…
Anna,

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Sisterly greetings to you too, and yes I sure do know the difference between the sisterly and feminist categories...
Layla Anwar said…
Morgan,

I agree with you, to some extent...And yes there are deadly ones in the Middle East, but maybe not the sort of deadly you are used to across the Atlantic.
Anonymous said…
Women need to understand that there are worst things in the world than being lonely and that it's better to be lonely on your own than lonely with a partner that doesn't treat you with respect.
AJB

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

Endless Beginnings...

Why ?