Resist, persist , and you don't even have to sign.

What is resistance ?
Resistance is not only about taking up arms. Bless those who have the guts to do so. Pray for them.They are the pure from amongst us. Putting their lives on the front line , risking it all, losing it all sometimes. Yes bless them because only a few have what it takes.
But there are also other forms of resistance. And trust me you don't need to sign your name either. It is all recorded , your name ,address and date of birth . All you need to do is join us .
Join us in spirit, join us in soul, join us with your words, with your letters, with your cries , with your exclamations, ,with your tears, with your sighs ...
It does not matter , just join us . You give us strength even if you don't know it . It is all recorded . It is recorded in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Lebanon . We forget no one . We are the spears and the arrows and you are the archers.

Painting : By Iraqi Artist Mohammed al Shammarei

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have no words left.
Anonymous said…
Utterly beautiful, as usual, Layla.
Datta
Shusma said…
Layla, the painting on this post by Mohammed al Shammarei says "stop the wall" all over it. Which wall is he talking about? The one that the Israelis are building?
Anonymous said…
I am with you heart and soul.

When I first met you I wished for more delicacy, but I have learnt that compromise is not possible. You are right. I believe in no god, but if human blessings are worth anything to you, please receive mine.

At a practical level: if I can assist in editing or correcting for Eng. idiom, do let me know.

My best,

grettir
Anonymous said…
I have joined you a long time ago for I know (and they know) the ones defending their country are the REAL heroes.
Layla Anwar said…
Grettir , Thank you . I promise to wear satin gloves when you are around though ...lol. You take care and God bless you .
Layla Anwar said…
Datta - Thank you
Layla Anwar said…
Falastin : Yes it is !
Anonymous said…
Inspiring!

For decades so many of us have done whatever has been possible and practicable to do our part in the struggle of the universal resistance against people who love to impose their wishes and will upon us.

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

Endless Beginnings...

Why ?